The present document constitutes a contract establishing the General Sales Conditions through the website - registration, cancellation and refund - of the products of the e-commerce website lasalamandreartcenter.com, concluded between the Centre d'art La Salamandre (incorporated in Quebec) and a user being a physical person with full legal capacity and acting outside his professional activity within the framework of an e-commerce system. The user can read these General Sales Conditions directly on the website "lasalamandreartcenter.com". The Centre d’Art La Salamandre reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, it is recommended to the user to consult them regularly. In case of change, conditions will remain those in effect on the day of the transmission of the user’s order. Anyone using this site agrees to abide without reserve, therefore, the validation of an order made on the site by the user implies unreserved acceptance of these GSC.
The prices of the products offered on the site lasalamandreartcenter.com are in Canadian dollars excluding taxes (taxes are to be added to the announced price, they appear in the cart). Prices are divided into course price and materials price when provided by the teacher. All orders, whatever their origin, are payable in Canadian dollars.
The fact to register online at the activities (courses, camps or workshops) proposed by the Centre d’Art La Salamandre on the site implies the full and irrevocable acceptancy by the customer of these GSC. Any registration by the customer constitutes acceptance of the prices and descriptions of available activities for sale. Automatic registration of the site systems are considered as a proof of the sale’s contract and of the date.
3.1 REGISTRATION FOR AN ACTIVITY
(1) the customer can register for an activity if there is an available place. The number of places in each activity being limited (5 to 10 according to the courses, workshops or camps), it is advisable to register as soon as possible. A customer is considered registered when the full payment is received and cashed by the Centre d’Art La Salamandre, the registration form is completely and accurately filled out, that his registration has been confirmed by e-mail by the Centre d’Art La Salamandre.
(2) registration for an activity can be done via the site lasalamandreartcenter.com 24 hours on 24 and 7 d / 7.
(3) the customer may pay his purchases on the site with Visa or Mastercard. For any other type of payment, the customer must contact the Centre d’Art La Salamandre .
(4) lasalamandreartcenter.com reserves the right to cancel or refuse any registration of a customer with whom there is a dispute concerning the payment of a previous registration or registration which would present to his eyes any form of risk.
(5) If the payment was made by check, after agreement by the Centre d’Art La Salamandre, a $50 fee for all checks returned wouldl be charged. They would then be added to the initial invoice to register for the desired course, The payment of this invoice would be made exclusively by credit card.
3.2 CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
After confirmation of the receipt of the full payment of the registration, the customer will receive a registration confirmation summarizing information about the course (title of the activity, schedules, dates, place), the price paid taxes included, and containing the list of the required materials if it is not provided in the course.
4. CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES OF ACTIVITES
(1) the Centre d’Art La Salamandre reserves the right to cancel an activity, to postpone an activity, to limit the number of participants or to substitute Professor if necessary.
(2) if an activity is cancelled before the first scheduled class, the customer receives a full refund of his registration. If an activity is canceled after the first class, the customers will be refunded a prorated amount based on the number of classes that have been given.
(3) the Centre d’Art La Salamandre reserves the right to cancel the registration of a customer whose behavior would be deemed unacceptable or dangerous, he is then refunded in proportion to the remaining classes decreased by $ 50 non-refundable deposit.
5. REFUND REQUEST POLICY
(1) all activities proposed on lasalamandreartcenter.com include a non-refundable deposit that corresponds to the lowest of the following amounts: $50 or 10% of the cost of the classes that have not been taken. (https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/courses/cancelling-registration/)
(2) to request a refund for any of the activities the customer must notify the Centre d’Art La Salamandre of its intention in writing via email or mail. The date taken into account for the refund is the date of reception of the request by the La Salamandre Art Center.
(3) to request a refund for a course - with the exception of the particular cases listed in 5.4 below : for courses cancelled at least 48 hours before the first class of the course, the customer will be refunded the registration amount less the non-refundable deposit as stated in 5.1 above. If the course cancellation is asked less than 48 hours before the first class, or after the first class of the course and before the second class, the customer will be refunded the registration amount less the non-refundable deposit and less the value of the first class of the course. No refunds will be issued after the second class of course.
(4) Particular cases:
a) for the courses held in Longueuil at 458 Curé Poirier Ouest Bld, the refund policy is as follows: for courses cancelled before the first class of the course, the customer will be refunded the registration amount less the $ 50 non-refundable deposit. No refund will be done once the course has started.
b) for the courses held in South West at 4000 rue St-Ambroise, the refund policy is as follows: for courses cancelled before the first class of the course, the non-refundable deposit of 70% of the price without taxes is retained. No cancellation will be refunded after the first class.
c) for the weekly summer camps, no cancelation will be possible once started on Monday morning at 9 am
(5) Requests for a refund for a workshop must be notified by the customer to the Centre d'art La Salamandre in writing at the latest 5 days before the workshop’s date. The customer will be refunded the amount of the workshop minus the $ 50 non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given after this deadline.
(6) the conditions for a refund of a private course are the same as those of group classes in point 5.3 and 5.4. To request a postponement of a class of a private course, customers must notify the Centre d’Art La Salamandre of their intention in writing no later than the day before the class is scheduled and before noon, otherwise the class is lost. The class will be then postponed to a later date within a period of one month. No supplementary report and no refund will be given after this period. For private courses given in Longueuil no refund is granted if the cancellation occurs within 4 weeks of the course start date.
(7) to request a refund for a day camp or a summer camp: for a camp cancellation request received at least two months before the first day of the camp, the customer will be refunded the registration amount less the $ 50 non-refundable deposit. If the camp cancellation is asked between one month and two months before the first day of the camp, the customer will be refunded the registration amount less the $ 50 non-refundable deposit and less 50% of the value of the camp. No refunds will be issued for a camp cancellation received less than a month before the first day of the camp or if the child doesn’t come to the camp.
(8) the structure and organization of the activities does not allow the Centre d’Art La Salamandre to offer customers the possibility of re-taking a missed class, therefore, it is highly recommended to attend each class or session of the activity in which they are registered. In case of missing a class, the Professor will do its best to help the customer catch up during the following class. No refunds will be given for any missed classes or sessions.
6. THE MATERIAL
(1) some of the activities are proposed materials included. The professor then performs global purchases for the whole group and not for each individual. The costs are therefore lower. Customers use equipment at their disposal during the course, can take away their works, but in no case will leave the course with the remaining material since it is usually impossible to divide it.
(2) regarding the courses for which the customer must purchase its own equipment, a list is provided to the customer. It is not necessary to make expensive purchases. Addresses are given indicatively to guide you. They are not imposed, and in no way constitute an advertisement.
1) The Customer is solely responsible for the choice of the activity for which he has registered.
2) The customer undertakes to adopt a suitable dress for his course (clothes, apron, shoes and protections,...). The Centre d’Art La Salamandre cannot be held responsible for clothing damage or accidents during the activity.
3) The Centre d’Art La Salamandre declines all liability in case of accidents during the course.
When on the website order the customer validates his purchase, he states accepting its content as well as the General Sales Conditions of centredartlaslamandre.com.
In the event that one of the clauses of these GSC become void due to a court decision or regulatory change, this cannot in any way affect the validity of the other clauses of the present GSC.
The language of the contract is english.
The present General Sales Conditions are subject to the Quebec law.
All disputes which might arise between lasalamandreartcenter.com and its users will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Quebec courts.